We find out why calls to Dublin airport's noise complaints line have soared, and Carole quizzes Graham to celebrate World Password Day.
And don't miss our special featured interview with Clint Dovholuk of NetFoundry.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/273 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Clint Dovholuk.
- Kolide: Kolide is a SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
Kolide is perfect for organizations that want to move beyond a traditional lock-down model and move to one where employees are educated about security and device management while fixing nuanced problems. We call this approach Honest Security.
You can try Kolide on an unlimited number of devices with all its features for free and without a credit card for 14 days.
- NetFoundry: NetFoundry’s OpenZiti is an open source, free and easy way for the world to embed zero trust networking into anything.
Embed SDKs inside your app, tunnelers to run on all major operating systems, or deploy an Edge Router for any cloud.
No networking engineering skills required. No more pain of inbound ports, VPNs, complex firewall rules, public DNS, and more.
Learn more and try it for yourself at netfoundry.io/smashingsecurity/
- Houston Zoo asks FBI to investigate text-message attack — Houston Chronicle.
- Trunk calls for Rory Lion flood telephone lines — Irish Independent.
- Airport Noise & Noise Reports — Dublin Airport.
- Dublin Airport got 12,272 noise complaints last year from just one person — Irish Independent.
- Compromised Passwords Responsible for Hacking Breaches — Securelink.
- Verizon 2021 DBIR Results & Analysis — Verizon.
- Three random words — NCSC.
- What’s wrong with What3Words? — YouTube.
- Why What3Words is not suitable for safety critical applications — Cybergibbons.
- What3Words – The Algorithm — Cybergibbons.
- Why bother with What Three Words? — Terence Eden.
- River (TV series) — Wikipedia.
- Wearing shoes inside the house is gross – and there’s science to back that up — The Guardian.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)